Langaton Barn in Lower Tale is a luxury barn conversion located in glorious East Devon countryside. The property retains the character of the older, existing building but has undergone an extensive refurbishment to create an exceptional modern home.
The home is detached and benefits from 4 bedrooms (2 ensuite), open plan kitchen/living areas, a double garage, a beautiful garden designed by a local artist, and high quality internal fixtures and fittings throughout.
Converted from a modern farm building, this unique single storey home features large expanses of glass and high ceilings in the main living space bathing the inside in natural light, whilst framing the expansive views over the surrounding countryside. The exterior of the house has been designed for a low maintenance quality feel, with aluminium frame windows and doors, a metal standing seam roof, colour impregnated render and cedar clad gables. On the inside, the highly insulated space is kept consistently fresh with stale warm air removed, heating the clean air coming in, with additional underfloor heating from the air source heat pump.
– Contemporary kitchen
– Limestone floor and quartz composite worktop
– AEG oven, microwave oven and large induction hob
– Integrated Siemens fridge, freezer and dishwasher.
– Open planning living room
– Outstanding views through expansive glazed doors and windows
– Professionally design lighting
– Engineered oak floor
– Drawing room
– Four spacious double bedrooms
– Family bathroom and two en suites
– Duravit Sanitary Ware, Gerberit systems
– Hansgrohe taps
– Ceramic wall tiles
– En suites with low level automatic lighting
– Spacious hall – large store and WC
– Utility room Water softener and space for washing machine, tumble dryer
– Attic space 25 sq. M (excludes under 1.8m of head space)
The property is approached over shared tarmac drive to a crushed limestone parking and turning area sheltered by dressed gabion baskets that lead you around to the double garage to the rear.
Grey sandstone flags edged with granite sets lead round the front of the house through a thickset door to the enclosed West-facing patio. Covered with black Basalt flagstones the secluded patio is enhanced by the feature lit Paddle stone wall that frames the wonderful far-reaching views of the surrounding countryside. The level lawn seamlessly flows on to the surrounding pasture leading the eye across the rolling fields. Sweeping around to the rear a small paddock is partly enclosed by post and rail fencing whilst beyond there is the option to purchase a further 2 acres.